[LLVMdev] JIT and anonymous procs

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Wed Mar 26 11:01:38 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 10:40 -0700, Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> > The Kaleidoscope tutorial has us "interpreting" top-level expressions by
> > generating a one-shot anonymous procedure and executing that. Once the
> > expressions have been executed, these procedures will never be called
> > again.
> >
> > How can the associated storage for this anonymous procedure be
> > reclaimed?
>
> All functions in the tutorial are referenced by their Function*.  The
> Function* uniquely identifies a function and is independent of the name.

I had understood that.

So now I have compiled and run my top level expression's anonymous
function. How do I go about properly freeing the Function object,
*including* removing the anonymous procedure name from any global symbol
table (if any) and also advising the runtime that the associated IR
module can now be dropped along with everything else that was generated?