[LLVMdev] LLVM error: "Bitcode stream should be a multiple of 4 bytes in length" (fwd)

Dan Connors dconnors at Colorado.EDU
Thu Mar 20 15:15:32 PDT 2008

Do you know why I might be getting this error?

[dconnors at eces-shell Hello]$ llvm-gcc -O3 -emit-llvm hello.c -c -o hello.bc
[dconnors at eces-shell Hello]$ llc hello.bc -o hello.s
llc: bitcode didn't read correctly.
Reason: Bitcode stream should be a multiple of 4 bytes in length

I am using:

LLVM-GCC 4.2 Front End Binaries for Red Hat Enterprise Linux4/x86

LLVM source code 2.2

I've looked everywhere for possible error explanations, and only find code
logs having the line regarding bitcode.

All of the tools lli, etc also report the problem of 4 bytes in length.

thanks!

Dan