[LLVMdev] Proposal for GSoC project for improving llvm-test testsuite

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Mar 20 03:33:16 PDT 2008

Hi,

> I agree this would be useful. However these two items require access
> to lots of machine cycles.

that's why I suggested using gcc's cfarm compile farm.

> Do you anticipate lots of work, enough to
> justify for a GSoC proposal, in existing test setup to accommodate
> these two specific goals ?

I think it would take at least two weeks to set this up.  I don't
know how long a SoC project is supposed to take, but presumably more
than this.  So this could be part of a larger testing framework.  I
must admit that setting this kind of thing up isn't very exciting or
cutting edge, but it is important.  My impression is that LLVM isn't
tested half as hard as it needs to be.

It would also be nice to have some kind of automated patch queue,
to which patches can be submitted and which runs the testsuite with
them applied.

Ciao,

Duncan.