[LLVMdev] 2 experimental projects

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Mar 19 14:19:07 PDT 2008

> In case of the llvm tests the situation is somewhat more
> complicated, since dejagnu is driving the process, and
> dejagnu hinders us in a direct $(MAKE) invocation, so
> it falls back to -j1. My approach is thus using dejagnu
> to build up makefiles in test/.../Output/... and when
> these makefiles are executed by $(MAKE) we will
> get the same output as before. Each of the makefiles
> shall create the .testresults files just like clang tests do.

To be clear... do you plan to use the exisiting mechanism to execute the
"RUN" lines? This is much preferred over the TestRunner script and there
are many reasons why we transition away from using TestRunner.

Also, will you preserve the ability to run a subset of tests via
TESTSUITE=X?

Will dejagnu still produce one log file or will there be multiples?

How will this impact the nightly testers?

While its cool to run them in parallel, I don't want to lose the
functionality that we have now with dejagnu/tcl.

Thanks,
Tanya