[LLVMdev] 2 experimental projects

Gabor Greif gabor at mac.com
Wed Mar 19 12:58:33 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have two llvm projects in different stages of execution:

1) Parallel "make check".
Modelled after the successful clang "make test -jX" experiment, I am
now bold enough to sink my teeth into the LLVM test suite.
I have a prototype implementation, along the same lines, ready.

2) <class Use> size reduction.
After some conversation with Chris I think we are ready for a
16 -> 12 byte size reduction of the Use class. There are some
collateral improvements too. This project is in its conceptual phase.

To drive forward these projects I prefer to work on branches. So I
apply for a branches/ggreif/... hierarchy in the repository. I shall
make
it easy to use "svn switch ..." for the relevant directories for anybody
who wants to test my work.

After I feel that all is stable and nice, I will make a diff for
review and
get back to this list. After successful review and rework, I shall merge
back to main.

What do you think?

Cheers,

	Gabor