[LLVMdev] Proposal for a Google summer of code project for the Java frontend.

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Mar 17 23:04:40 PDT 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 1:48 PM, Nicolas Geoffray wrote:
> Hi Ramon,
> Ramón García wrote:
>> I am interested to get this work funded by a Google summer of code
>> grant. Is there anyone interested in mentoring this project? Would be
>> the LLVM interested in it?
>>

> I'm in the process of checking in a Java and a CLI FE to the llvm
> repository. I'm not sure what's the shape of llvm-java. Do your
> changes
> make it run some applications?
>
> Is the grant already provided? I'd be happy to mentor your work if the
> project can also concern improving my existing implementation ;-)

The GSoC project has not really started yet, we haven't started
accepting applicants.  I think it would be a great thing to focus
future java efforts on your front-end, provided it's in better shape
than llvm-java (which isn't hard).  It would be awesome if you were
willing to mentor a student.  Please sign up on the GSoC page as a
mentor, thanks!

-Chris