[LLVMdev] newbie questions about setting up a new project

Joe Strout joe at inspiringapps.com
Fri Mar 14 21:11:08 PDT 2008

I've found part of the problem.  There is a "projects" directory
(including a "sample" subdirectory) inside the folder where I built
LLVM, but there is ALSO one inside the llvm-2.2 directory.  And they
are different.  I was working with the former, which contains no
source code; the sample project under llvm-2.2 actually includes a
main.c and sample.h, and generally makes a lot more sense.  (The one
in my build directory didn't even have an "include" folder; I created
that based on the docs, but now I see I was barking up the wrong tree
all along.)

So, in such a situation where LLVM was not built in its own source
directory, which "projects" folder should be used for my own projects?

Thanks,
- Joe