[LLVMdev] NewNightlyTester.pl: split into phases?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Mar 9 06:26:33 PDT 2008

Am Samstag, den 08.03.2008, 15:11 -0800 schrieb Tanya Lattner:
> >> A -noreport option is probably a good idea too.
> >
> > OK, that should be easy to add.
> >
> >> Just be sure not to change what it sends to the website. That needs
> >> stay the same.
> >
> > Sure. I think wrapping an if statement around the HTTP send should be
> > easy; the code of NewNightlyTester.pl isn't very complicated.
> >

> Cool.

Actually it's trivial. There was an undocumented $TESTING variable that
already did exactly what -noreport was supposed to do.

Patch is attached. Option is now named -nosubmit, in line with
-submit-server and -submit-script.

> P.S. I'm not sure if someone has gotten a chance to look at your
> dejagnu bugs you filed,

No, the bugs have remained undisturbed. (Except that maybe somebody
changed the priority.)

> but if not.. I'll try to take a look this
> weekend. Unfortunately, I've been preoccupied this week with family
> matters.

I have to admit that I was beginning to wonder how fast bug reports and
fixes would get recognized, but I kept reminding myself that all sorts
of things can interfere (seems I guessed right with that).

Oh, and take your time. Some things are more important than others :-)

Regards,
Jo