[LLVMdev] Register Allocation by Graph Coloring

Prabhat Kumar Saraswat prabhat.saraswat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:24:05 PST 2008

Dear all,
 I was looking for to compile some benchmarks and generate code using
different register allocation algorithms. As i can see, the built in
options for register allocation in llvm are
1. Simple
2. Local
3. Linear Scan

I want to compare the generating code also with a graph coloring based
register allocation approach. Is this also built in by default by
llvm. Are there some other projects, whose code i can borrow for this
task.

To summarize: I want to compare the generated code of various
benchmarks (generated using linear scan based reg allocation vs graph
based register allocation).

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards
Prabhat