[LLVMdev] jit DLLs (Chris Lattner)

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe at zylin.com
Wed Jun 25 06:16:54 PDT 2008

> For the JIT and a couple of optimizers on x86 (suitably stripped etc),
> we see it taking ~2M uncompressed.  Additionally, as you say, this is
> very compressible for an install image.

2mByte for PC apps is "nothing" these days. The app I have in mind is
50-200mByte depending on install options.

To be able to write llvm DLLs and ship intermediate code would definitely
be nice. It would take quite a bit more to JIT the entire application
as this would be a lot more visible. Perhaps not to the users, but
to the developers on the project. One more DLL that ships with
some files won't bother anybody.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html