[LLVMdev] pass for backend

Nico listiges at arcor.de
Tue Jun 24 12:23:04 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I wrote a pass for my (language)backend, but llc can't load it. I get
the following error message:

Error opening '/home/nico/build/Release/lib/foo.dylib': Can't open :/
home/nico/build/Release/lib/foo.dylib: dlopen(/home/nico/build/Release/
lib/foo.dylib, 9): Symbol not found:
__ZN4llvm28PostDominanceFrontierLinkVarE
   Referenced from: /home/nico/build/Release/lib/foo.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

   -load request ignored.

The same pass works in another library that I use with opt. I'm not
sure what went wrong. Is it not allowed to use the post dominance
frontier stuff in a pass for a backend (or in other words: with llc
instead of opt)?
Is it possible to fix it and I missed it?

Thanks a lot,
nico