[LLVMdev] Testing documentation and terminology

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Tue Jun 24 06:17:34 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I've finally implemented my proposed changes to the testing documentation. I
think I fixed up the naming everywhere, but I did only a single pass over the
document, so I might have missed something. Review welcome :-)

It is now recommended to put the test suite in "projects/test-suite" instead
of "projects/llvm-test". I've also updated the configure script and
projects/Makefile to reflect this. I haven't run autoconf, since I don't have
the right version, so someone should probably do that to check my manual
changes to configure. Also, it would perhaps be useful to add a deprecation
warning when using llvm-test, but my autoconf magic is insufficient (plus I
couldn't really test that due to no autoconf-2.6).

Gr.

Matthijs