[LLVMdev] VFCmp failing when unordered or UnsafeFPMath on x86

Nicolas Capens nicolas at capens.net
Fri Jun 13 00:27:01 PDT 2008

Hi all,

When trying to generate a VFCmp instruction when UnsafeFPMath is set to true
I get an assert "Unexpected CondCode" on my x86 system. This also happens
with UnsafeFPMath set to false and using an unordered compare. Could someone
look into this?

While I'm at it, is there any reason why only the most significant bit of
the return value of VFCmp is defined (according to the documentation)? Both
AltiVec and SSE set the components of the result to either all 1's or all
0's. Having only the most significant bit doesn't seem useful to me at all,
and (arithmetic) shifting vectors to replicate the bit isn't supported.

Thanks!

Nicolas Capens