[LLVMdev] Compiling llvm libraries to run on iPhone

Jay Freeman (saurik) saurik at saurik.com
Tue Jun 10 21:21:01 PDT 2008

This is being caused by the assembler you are using not being very good. You should switch to the odcctools-9.2-ld branch of the assembler (the one that I actively maintain). That one is like Apple's SDK assembler (who's source code is available on their website) with a bunch of custom hacks/additions. More information about how to get the newer versions of the open source iPhone toolchain are available on my website: http://www.saurik.com/id/4. You are going to have a hard time cross compiling anything complex with the one you have installed.

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik at saurik.com
http://www.saurik.com/