[LLVMdev] Compiling llvm libraries to run on iPhone

Robert Grapes robert_grapes at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:50:10 PDT 2008

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has managed to compile the LLVM libraries to run on iPhone?

After compiling and installing the iPhone toolchain on MacBook running Leopard (10.5.2).  I run configure
In the llvm2.3 directory:

./configure –host=arm-apple-darwin –target=arm-apple-darwin –enable-optimized –enable-targets=arm

I run make, including an override for TBLGEN (because I obviously can’t run the native ARM tblgen):

make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 TBLGEN=/usr/local/bin/tblgen

All goes very well until I get the following error:

llvm[3]: Compiling ScheduleDAGList.cpp for Release build
llvm[3]: Compiling ScheduleDAGRRList.cpp for Release build
llvm[3]: Compiling SelectionDAG.cpp for Release build
llvm[3]: Compiling SelectionDAGISel.cpp for Release build
/var/folders/Xq/XqzGACxLHWq4Af0cQbEMdE+++TI/-Tmp-//cc6xGQcn.s:unknown:immediate value (-288) too large
make[3]: *** [/Users/ur/llvm-2.3/lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/Release/SelectionDAGISel.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [SelectionDAG/.makeall] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CodeGen/.makeall] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 1

I have also tried compiling v2.2 and get the same error.

Any help would be really appreciated,

Rob.