[LLVMdev] Problems with iterator.h

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sun Jun 8 05:21:17 PDT 2008

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:32:14 -0700, Chandler Carruth wrote:

> There is another way to resolve this, run make install, and then use the
> installed llvm-config, which will include a single directory containing
> both generated and regular header files. If *that* part doesn't work,
> please respond or open a PR. I'll be happy to prod llvm-config until it
> works correctly. However, I'm not sure trying to support all the bizarre
> ways ./configure and Make can build the generated files within
> llvm-config is a worthwhile investment of time.
>
> -Chandler

I checked my installation diary (yes, I did make one) and indeed I did not
perform a make install.  Xhwxking back, I was not instructed to in the
installation instructions in http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html.
"install" is mentioned as a useful make target.

Perhaps "gmake install" should be promoted to an actual installation step
in the instructions.  That might be the simplest fix for the problem.

-- hendrik