[LLVMdev] Linux x86 testers needed!

Kenneth Hoste kenneth.hoste at ugent.be
Tue Jun 3 01:03:06 PDT 2008

Hello,

On Jun 3, 2008, at 08:52 , Tanya Lattner wrote:

> All,
>
> We are in desperate need of linux x86 testers (32 or 64 bit). If you
> could set one up, the LLVM project would be very grateful. Right now
> we have virtually no testers covering this platform.

I think I might be able to set up a nightly tester for Linux x86 (32-
bit).

Although I've been following LLVM for quite a while now, I feel like I
can't really contribute to it, because of lack of time and knowledge.
Hopefully this way I can contribute...

I have some questions though:

*) Is something more expected besides donating cycles-to-burn, e.g.
active bug reporting/resolving of bugs found by the nightly tester and
such?
It's not that I'm not willing to (in fact, I'd love to), but I just
wouldn't be able to find the time to do it properly. I try to report
bugs I run into from time to time, but that's highly dependent on how
busy I am doing my actual Phd work (to which LLVM is only partially
related).

*) I'll probably need the machine for experiments now and then, I'm
guessing it's ok the nightly test isn't run every single night?

greetings,

Kenneth