[LLVMdev] LLVM JIT: How to install a callback for a function loaded in at runtime

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 12:41:31 PDT 2008

Hello,

This is probably a bit of a beginner's question but I am new to LLVM
I have been examining the possibility of constructing something similar to the JnJVM for a language which supports dynamic class loading. The problem I am having is determining how the JIT system allows for dynamic loading of functions into the JIT. The paper indicates the JnJVM use some sort of callback when the JIT hits a call it cannot yet resolve. How do I install such a handler?

Thanks in advance,

Carter.