[LLVMdev] Unwinds Gone Wild

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Jul 31 00:19:32 PDT 2008

Hi,

> Can anyone tell me if invoke/unwind is stable in 2.3?  I'm seeing some
> really weird stuff -- unwinds are ending up in seemingly arbitrary places...
> definitely not inside the caller's unwind block  My target is x86.

codegen doesn't know how to handle "unwind" on any target.  You need
to call the libgcc unwinding routines directly (or indirectly by
pretending to be C++ or some other language, and calling eg cxa_throw).

> As a simple test, I tried to compile the following code and I got a
> segmentation fault.  It looks good to me.  Can someone help me out or is
> this a bug?

It's a bug that it's not supported.  Supporting it is not so easy
to do, which is why it's still unsupported...

Ciao,

Duncan.