[LLVMdev] Is there room for another build system?

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Jul 30 17:15:36 PDT 2008

> Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>> Albert Graef <Dr.Graef at t-online.de> writes:
>>> Here are some points worth considering:
>>> http://www.remlab.net/op/cmake.shtml (Some of these may already be
>>> addressed in newer cmake versions, I haven't checked recently.)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Please, some LLVM release manager (Tanya?), read Albert's web page and
>> evaluate how much impact have the issues he raises on your work.

I don't use the make dist/distcheck stuff when I do releases, so not
having that isn't a big deal to me right now.

I'm more concerned on impact to the test infrastructure (Dejagnu). Any
change to that has support all the features that we have currently and not
break the nightly tester. But that seems like a separate issue from the
build system stuff.. just happened to be brought up in the same thread.

-Tanya