[LLVMdev] Is there room for another build system?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Jul 30 14:14:45 PDT 2008

Albert Graef <Dr.Graef at t-online.de> writes:

[snip]

> Here are some points worth considering:
> http://www.remlab.net/op/cmake.shtml (Some of these may already be
> addressed in newer cmake versions, I haven't checked recently.)

Albert,

Some points you mention on your web page are solved. Others are not
applicable to LLVM. Others can be fixed within CMake itself (with some
effort, of course). I lack the knowledge to judge the points you raise
about distribution, package creation, etc. Finally, IMHO your concers
about CMake not preserving as many [autotools] feautures as [it] can,
does not apply to LLVM, at least as there is someone who vounteers to do
the replication work :-)

Please, some LLVM release manager (Tanya?), read Albert's web page and
evaluate how much impact have the issues he raises on your work.

--
Oscar