[LLVMdev] nightly tester setup

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Sun Jul 20 18:00:02 PDT 2008

I've noticed that my nightly tester doesn't seem to be reporting the
results of running llvm-test, only build warnings and make check.
Checking with -verbose shows that it's running the test suite, so I
don't quite understand what's going on. Looking at
http://llvm.org/nightlytest/ shows that none of the other Linux testers
are reporting test suite results either.

Here's the meat of my nightly script, run from cron:

   export BUILDDIR=$HOME/llvm-test
   export WEBDIR=$HOME/llvm-test-results
   export LLVMGCCDIR=$HOME/llvm-gcc/install
   cd -- "$HOME"
   mkdir -p -- "$WEBDIR"
   cd llvm
   utils/NewNightlyTest.pl -release -parallel -noexternals
-noremoveresults -nickname martini

where $HOME/llvm is an LLVM checkout that I keep up to date manually. I
also have llvm-gcc installed on the same system in /usr/local/bin/.

Could anyone who has the nightly tester set up properly please comment
on what my problem might be, or what I could try to fix it?

Thanks,
Nick