[LLVMdev] What happened to XCHG_rr?

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sun Jul 20 11:50:50 PDT 2008

Hi, guys,

     What is the opcode of the instruction to swap two registers in X86?

     After updating my LLVM branch, I realized that there is no longer an
opcode for xchg with two register operands in X86GenInstrNames.inc. I
found only instructions to swap memory and registers: XCHG16rm, XCHG32rm,
XCHG64rm and XCHG8rm.

I am updating from LLVM 2.1 to current trunk. The names that I was using
in LLVM 2.1 were: XCHG8rr, XCHG16rr, XCHG32rr and XCHG64rr.

Ps.: Evan, thank you for answering the question about IMPLICIT_DEF's.

All the best,

Fernando