[LLVMdev] generating a shared object from a single *.ll (LLVM) source?

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile at starynkevitch.net
Sat Jul 19 19:13:08 PDT 2008

Hello

(my machine is a Debian/Sid/x86-64/Core2)

Assuming I have one C source file chello.c, to compile it into a
dynamically loadable thru dlopen shared object, I can run
    gcc -fPIC -shared -O chello.c -o chello.so
I thought that, assuming I have one llvm source ehello.ll, the
equivalent would be
    llvmc2 -opt ehello.ll -o ehello.so
but it is not that simple.

Any clues ?

May I also suggest to document it in the man pages or the --help output?