[LLVMdev] Including svn version number in --version output

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Wed Jul 9 20:43:48 PDT 2008

On Jul 9, 2008, at 8:40 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> We don't want another commit after every other commit.  This should be
> set by the makefile when a build is done.

This isn't a commit, it's just a file that's not under version control
but created during update/checkout.

I suppose to be annoyingly pedantic about it you could require a
network connection for the build, check svn info and svn status and
then set the version string based on whether or not there are local
patches applied to the checkout - but that would probably fall under
neurotic :)

-eric