[LLVMdev] Trying to compile llvm-gcc to mips

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Mon Jul 7 03:23:16 PDT 2008

> Formal argument #0 has unhandled type f32
> /home/julio/trunk/llvm-gcc/gcc/libgcc2.c:1765: internal
> compiler error: Abortado
> Please submit a full bug report,

I think an "export LC_ALL=C" cures the "Abortado" :-)

This looks like your host-compiler (e.g. what comes with your
Linux/BSD/MacOSX/xxxx-Distribution) has a bug. It cannot compile
this code. The best way for you would be to get this fixed.

If this is not feasible, sometimes you can look at the exact gcc
commandline, and run this commandline manually, but ommitting
the "-O2". Quite often the source can than be compiled.
Naturally this is just a band-aid ...

Also, have a look at the list of broken compilers:

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc