[LLVMdev] Dejagnu Tests

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:11:38 PDT 2008

Hi,

Tanya M. Lattner wrote:
>> We were wondering if *all* of the dejagnu tests should pass (in the
>> sense that no result should be unexpected), because we have a few failed
>> tests on our build.
>
> make check should always be clean. However, sometimes people do commit
> changes that impact platforms they are not able to test on and we do have
> the occasional failure.
>
> If you have failures, please file a bug with the test case that is
> failing, the command that fails, and the bc file if applicable. Basically,
> as much information as you can provide since it may not be a target that
> the majority of the developers have access to.

The target is OpenBSD/i386 for now and later sparc64 and amd64. Most of
the errors are to do with GNU grep syntax not being compatible with BSD
grep. I would not be suprised if solaris and FreeBSD were impacted by
this too. The solution is to use egrep we *think*.

There are a couple we are scratching our head on. One being the negative
zero test. It seems the display function in llvm-dis (probably printf)
is truncating the minus sign from the output deeming it pointless in the
case of zero, whereas on a linux box it does not. Not sure quite what to
do there yet, as -0 == 0 mathematically, but not in floating point
representation.

There were some others too, but off of the top of my head I cant remember.

We should be able to send you guys a bunch of patches for testing soon.
I think we are down to 6 failed tests now.

The build itself is now reliable on OpenBSD/i386 after patching tablegen :)