[LLVMdev] alias analysis during code generation

Florian Brandner fbrandne at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 17 02:07:25 PST 2008

Pekka Jääskeläinen schrieb:
> Is it somehow possible to use alias analyser data during code
> generation, after instruction selection? I would need to run
> the AA using MachineOperands, not Values. Is this in any way
> in LLVM possible at the moment?

i've been working on this (also because of a post-pass scheduler).

i managed to hand the source values (values passed to the AA) over to
the machine instruction level. unfortunately the "codegen prepare" pass
rewrites GEP llvm instructions and confuses the AA. some work needs to
be done inside the AA to get reasonable results.

i did not have time to prepare and submit a patch for llvm.

florian