[LLVMdev] Classifying Operands & Def/Use Chains

David Greene dag at cray.com
Fri Jan 11 14:00:26 PST 2008

Is there any way to discover whether a particular operand of a MachineInst
participates in addressing?  That is, if the MachineInst references memory,
can I tell, given an operand, whether that operand is part of the address
calculation for the instruction?

Also, is there any reasonable way to get the set of machine instructions to
which the output(s) of some machine instruction flows?  The closest I can find
is LiveVariables::VarInfo, but that only directly captures the kill points.  I
would have to iterate over instructions in the rest of the live range and see
if the output of  the defining instruction is used.

Thanks!

                                         -Dave