[LLVMdev] Compatible Return Type for Intrinsics

Dan Gohman gohman at apple.com
Wed Feb 27 10:00:02 PST 2008

On Tue, February 26, 2008 3:53 am, aditya vishnubhotla wrote:

> I would for example try to map all dependencies via
> overloading to
>  three
> intrinsic types: anyint,anyfloat and ptr_ty. Would
> that be sufficient
>  or is
> there any simpler approach to this?

It's a little unclear from your message what you're trying to do, but
using intrinsics with returns types of anyint, anyfloat, ptr, and void
will allow you to create an intrinsic with the same return type as any
instruction.

One possible exception is that if you're working on LLVM trunk, you
may see the new multiple-return-values. These aren't described
in the Manual yet though, and I suspect the intrinsics framework isn't
currently prepared for them either.

Dan