[LLVMdev] new LTO C interface

Nick Kledzik kledzik at apple.com
Mon Feb 25 11:02:21 PST 2008

I'll work on another round with the feedback so far.

On SundayFeb 24, at Feb 24, Sunday11:24 PM, Evan Cheng wrote:
> 1. __LTO__ -> LLVM_C_LTO

This one is actually interesting.  The names started out with llvm in
them, but then we realized that this was a generic interface from the
linker to some foreign object file format.  So, some other compiler
could create an LTO shared object that exports the same lto_
interface and it would just work with the linker.  Therefore,
although this implementation is llvm specific, the interface is not.

-Nick