[LLVMdev] Exapnding add:i32 assertion failure with 2.2

Sanjiv Gupta llvmdev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:29:46 PST 2008

My target supports only 8-bit arithmetic, hence I specified it to exapand
ADD for i32 and i16.

llc fails at the following place in LegalizeDAG.cpp:

assert(MVT::isVector(Node->getValueType(0)) &&
             "Cannot expand this binary operator!");
      // Expand the operation into a bunch of nasty scalar code.
      Result = LegalizeOp(UnrollVectorOp(Op));

I don't understand why it is treating i32 and i16 as vector types.
I think it was working fine in llvm2.1

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Sanjiv