[LLVMdev] Is there someone tried LLVM 2.1 on Visual Studio 2005?

Barry Kelly bkelly.ie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:31:54 PST 2008

> For whatever reason, only by manually deleting the config.h file in the
> llvm/include/Config directory can I get the project to re-gen that config.h
> file. I'm not sure if this is a property of running the build from the
> command-line (but I'm guessing it's not, since MSBuild is used internally
> inside VS), or if the file-copy is being prevented by something in my
> environment (files are marked writable, I already checked).

The MSBuild infrastructure isn't used by VS 2005 for C++ projects;
rather, VCBuild does the work. I'm not sure about VS 2008.

FWIW, I used ProcMon to diagnose file-handling issues I had in my build:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

-- Barry

--
http://barrkel.blogspot.com/