[LLVMdev] amd64, FreeBSD and shared libraries

Coleman Kane cokane at cokane.org
Sat Feb 16 17:11:45 PST 2008

Duncan Sands wrote:
> Try --disable-multilib
>
> Ciao,
>
> Duncan.

The configure line for this build was:
 env CPPFLAGS=-fPIC CFLAGS=-fPIC CXXFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure
--enable-llvm=/home/cokane/src/llvm-2.2/Release
--prefix=/home/cokane/llvm-root --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-nls
--with-system-zlib --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared
--enable-pic --with-pic --disable-bootstrap --disable-multilib

I am aware that I *can* get the compiler to build if I also
--disable-shared. This, however, just hides the fact that the linker
won't link crtbeginS.o to a shared library (as the GCC build doesn't end
up building any). When I later go to build shared libraries, it fails
linking with the same error message. So it seems that the compiler can
only be used for statically linked projects, in my case.

--
Coleman