[LLVMdev] an llvm-gcc bug

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Feb 15 10:08:57 PST 2008

>> Alternatively I can take the Padding bit into account in the
>> StructType::get code somehow.  Anyone have a strong opinion?
>
> Shouldn't it be a map from the gcc type to the padding info?
> That said, you can get rid of the padding info as far as I'm
> concerned.  However Chris might have a different opinion - I
> think he introduced it.

I don't think I introduced it (was it Devang?).  However, I agree with
duncan: the right fix is to make the StructTypeInfoMap be indexed by a
GCC type, not an llvm type.  I am not fully familiar with how
StructTypeInfoMap works, but I wouldn't be surprised if this caused
other subtle miscompilations.

-Chris