[LLVMdev] tblgen and sign-extended constants too large for type

Scott Michel scottm at rushg.aero.org
Mon Feb 11 19:16:17 PST 2008

Scott Michel wrote:
> Allow me to rephrase my question: How much agony and gnashing of
> teeth will I cause if I commit this patch to tblgen (fully tested and
> changes to DAGISelEmitter.cpp also committed)?

I tested the aforementioned patch in the test subdirectory and the tests
all passed.

The basic implication from this patch is that all constants emitted by
tblgen will be uint64_t hex constants and tblgen won't complain when a
sign-extended value won't fit i16 or i8 or i(i<32-bit) type even though
it would if it were treated as unsigned.

-scooter
 (who's not going to beg forgiveness if the patch isn't Lattnerized(tm))