[LLVMdev] Better IDEs/code editors because of LLVM?

Thomas Hühn xf27 at arcor.de
Sun Feb 10 00:58:42 PST 2008

Hi

I am not sure whether I understand the goals and proposed features of your
project, so I'd like to ask.

I'll just pick out one little aspect:

I think you are developing a compiler that provides "cleaner" and easier
access to its internals (AST, semantic annotations etc.).

If that is true my personal hope would be that IDEs and code editors would
be created (by third parties) that truly understand C++ ("jump to
declaration", "which overload is selected?" etc). I don't think there is
such a beast yet that really follows C++'s name lookup rules (especially
when it comes to templates).

Do I get this right? If so, where could I read more about your plans? If
not, where am I wrong?

Thomas