[LLVMdev] exception handling broken on x86-64?

Thomas Neumann tneumann at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 9 14:49:52 PST 2008

> Catching is done by gcc unwinding runtime. Which is, in your case
> (--disable-shared), compiled by llvm and thus is definitely broken.
> What if you link the llvm-generated .S file with native g++ ?
same behavior. The abort message changes (only the string, the meaning
is identical), but otherwise the same. The exception is not caught and
thus terminate -> abort is called.

> Well, it's "expected, because unimplemented" :). The contents of
> ".eh_frame" section (aka EH common frame information) is among the
> missed stuff, I talked about.
I see. Shouldn't there be an open bug about this? I had checked
Bugzilla before posting here, but could not find anything.

Could you perhaps point me more explicitly to the place where x86-64
support would have to be implemented? I searched around
X86RegisterInfo.cpp a bit but I do not see why the 32bit mode should
work and the 64bit mode not.

Thomas