[LLVMdev] Problems with instrumentation

Raul Fernandes Herbster raulherbster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:16:56 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to instrument llvm bytecodes using opt. I performed the following
commands:

llvm-gcc -g -emit-llvm test.c -c -o test.bc
opt -insert-edge-profiling test.bc -o output.bc
llc output.bc -o output.s
gcc output.s -o test.out

However,  it can't  find symbol llvm_start_edge_profiling.

/tmp/ccw7GH4c.o: In function `main':
/home/raul/LLVM/tests//test.c:8: undefined reference to
`llvm_start_edge_profiling'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Does anybody know which is the problem?
I'm using LLVM 2.1 and LLVM-GCC 4.2 (both were built from SVN source code).

Thanks in advance, Raul.

--
Raul Fernandes Herbster
Embedded and Pervasive Computing Laboratory - embedded.ufcg.edu.br