[LLVMdev] strange visibility error when compiling llvm-gcc-4.2

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Feb 6 09:54:21 PST 2008

> > > I suspect this is due to the recent change by Bill (revision 46747).
> >
> > Bill's change only affected darwin IIRC.  I don't know that anyone has
> > built GOMP on linux yet, and OpenMP hasn't been widely tested at all.
> > I'd suggest using --enable-languages=c,c++
>
> I am seeing the same errors with just building c,c++. (linux x86, also debian)

There was a change to varasm.c that was not conditioned on being on darwin:

+  /* The "make_assemble_visibility" method may issue a warning if the visibility
+     attribute isn't supported in a configuration. This is all done through a
+     call-back. We want to issue this same warning when needed.  */
+  if (TREE_PUBLIC (decl))
+    maybe_assemble_visibility (decl);

It seems suspicious.

Ciao,