[LLVMdev] 2.2 garbage collector questions

Scott Michel scottm at rushg.aero.org
Mon Feb 4 19:39:43 PST 2008

thomas weidner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to implement a common lisp subset using llvm for fun.

Out of curiousity, for which CL implementation is this targeted? sbcl?
Or something you're rolling?

The reason why I ask is that I expressed an outrageous opinion at
Supercomputing back in November, to wit, that CL is probably the best
language suited for today's multicore problems... but I don't have the
time to hack one of the current implementations to proove the point.

Although, you'll notice that LLVM amply prooves "Greenbaum's hypothesis"
(IIRC): inside every sufficiently complex program there is an
implmentation of a Lisp interpreter. ;-)

-scooter