[LLVMdev] Unwinds gone missing

Matt Giuca mattgiuca at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 07:52:56 PST 2008

Alastair Lynn wrote:

>  From what I understand, the unwind instruction is implemented only
> for the interpreter: there is a -lowerunwind pass for compiling to
> other systems which will either lower unwind and invoke to setjmp/
> longjmp (slow) or turn invokes into calls and unwinds into abort()s.

Ah cheers, Alastair. That could be very useful (at least for me personally,
I don't mind the slow so much as long as it behaves correctly!)

I did a bit of research. Looks like it's -lowerinvoke, not -lowerunwind.

http://llvm.org/docs/Passes.html#lowerinvoke

That provides the two options you describe.

Now this question is perhaps getting a bit off-topic, but I can't find a
tool which accepts the -lower* arguments. Is there a tool for running such
passes? Or can it only be accessed from the C++ API side of LLVM?

Thanks
Matt