[LLVMdev] Potential Downtime of LLVM Server on Jan. 6

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 19 20:19:43 PST 2008

Dear LLVMers,

What: Potential Downtime of LLVM Web/SVN Server

When: January 6, 2009 from 8:00 am Central time to 12:00 pm Central time
(4 hours)

Why:
On January 6, 2009, some maintenance will be done on the heating/cooling
system of Siebel Center (the building in which the LLVM web/SVN server
is located).  The cooling system will be turned off, and it's possible
that temperatures may rise in the server rooms.  If they rise too high,
the CS IT staff will shut down systems to prevent them from being damaged.

Recommendations:
My current recommendation is to avoid using SVN during the 4 hours of
maintenance.  With the number of machines maintained by our IT staff and
the fact that people are on vacation, I cannot guarantee that we can
provide advanced warning if/when the LLVM server is shut down.

The last time they did work on the cooling system, no servers were shut
down.  However, you never know what will happen, so I recommend erring
on the side of caution.

-- John T.