[LLVMdev] OpenCL Frontend

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Tue Dec 16 10:55:36 PST 2008

Le 16 déc. 08 à 19:23, wenjing ma a écrit :

> I'm still not very clear about this "OpenCL" concept. What will your
> project provide? Does it mean that we can write code in this
> language, and
> run it on any multi-core machines? I'm also very interested in this
> work.

It's the same as CUDA from Nvidia, but standardized and not limited to
GPU.
You write a task (using the C subset provided by OpenCL), and then,
you ask OpenCL to execute it on the what it found (CPU, GPU, DSP,
other processing unit).
There is a sample code on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL

And you can also have a look at the official OpenCL web site (http://www.khronos.org/opencl/
). There is a slideshow that present it.

http://www.khronos.org/developers/library/overview/opencl_overview.pdf