[LLVMdev] intra- and inter-procedural control flow analysis

Keun Soo Yim yim6 at illinois.edu
Sun Dec 14 18:31:27 PST 2008

 Hi,

 As I use LLVM more and more, I recognize its strong capability and beauty
of design. Thanks a lot!

 For intra-procedure and inter-procedural control flow analysis, succ_iter()
and use_begin() iterators are perfect.

 Then how about the link-time inter-file control flow analysis? I used
llvm-link to combine multiple bc files which is then analyzed by llc but as
it is expected this does not give inter-file dependency.

 I know that LLVM supports link-time optimizers, then how about inter-file
control flow? Is it support this? Extracting this information by analyzing
target operand of every call instruction would be a solution? Thank you for
reading!

 - Keun Soo