[LLVMdev] ARM Debug support patch

Evan Cheng echeng at apple.com
Thu Dec 11 10:08:09 PST 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 8:23 AM, Mike-1 wrote:

> Thanks for the commit.
>
> FlexyCore works only on ARM EABI Linux target for now. This binary
> with
> Dwarf information could be debugged with a gdb-server 6.8 without
> problem on
> our side.

Good to hear. Are you able to examine aggregates?

> If you are working on ARM Linux target, could you send us LLVM
> source file,
> and gdb version ? But if you are using ARM Darwin as Anton suggest,
> we are
> unable to test this for now.
>
> We are open to help on this target, but we need some help to
> efficiently
> setup the right Darwin platform (pre-compile binary platform, qemu,
> boards
> ???).

I am not sure how to build llvm-gcc with Mac OS X / arm support using
the open sourced llvm-gcc tree. It would be nice if someone can figure
that out and post instructions. I would very like to see qemu support
as well. I know Greg is also interested in this. Greg, any ideas?

> Do not hesitate to contact us directly by mail on this topic.

Thanks,

Evan