[LLVMdev] ARM Debug support patch

Mike-1 mike at flexycore.com
Wed Dec 10 08:38:28 PST 2008

Hi all,

FlexyCore, the company I am working for, use LLVM to generate binary for ARM
platform. We are very fulfilled with LLVM, and FlexyCore will be pleased to
contribute on this software.

We need debug support in ARM binary, but, in LLVM 2.4, this support is not
activated for ARM backend. Consequently, I made small modifications in order
to activate it (see the patch in attach file). My experience is not enough
on LLVM to know if it is the right way to solve the problem. But these
modifications work on our use cases.

Could you help us in order to check if these modifications are corrects or
not ? If it is not the right way, could you explain us how to solve this
problem in the correct way, and we will be pleased to re-submit patch on
this issue.

I also use 'make check' command in order to verify that modifications does
not generate regressions.
Results are:

    * Without ARM debug support
      ===  Summary ===
      # of expected passes        2726
      # of unexpected failures    58
      # of expected failures        6
    * With ARM debug support
      ===  Summary ===
      # of expected passes        2727
      # of unexpected failures    57
      # of expected failures        6

The extra success test is funccall.ll from test/DebugInfo. In order to build
successfully LLVM on ARM Linux EABI platform, I put in comment the usage of
__register_frame into JIT.cpp because it seems that __register_frame
function is not into my libgcc. Could you mention which tools and versions
that must to be used in order to build LLVM on ARM Linux EABI platform.

Thanks,

Mikaƫl.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20938563/arm-debug-from-llvm2-4.patch
arm-debug-from-llvm2-4.patch