[LLVMdev] Quest for more targets

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Tue Dec 9 10:33:48 PST 2008

> 1. TI MSP430.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI_MSP430

I'm also very interested in an msp430 backend.  I had been considering
seeing if I could hack out a first draft over winter break.  This would be
very useful to one of my students who is currently stuck doing things in
gcc.  The msp430 port of gcc is not closely maintained and seems quite
buggy.

> 2. ARM Cortex M3.

This would be great too.

I'd also like to see an AVR port.

For targets with limited code size (i.e. all of these) the LLVM inliner
needs to be brought under control.  I know how to do it but may not be
able to make time.

My sense is that LLVM could be an extremely strong embedded compiler
without too much work.

John Regehr