[LLVMdev] Kaleidoscope tutorial failed at Chapter 4...

Chuck Zhao czhao at eecg.toronto.edu
Tue Dec 2 07:52:24 PST 2008

The tutorial is not always up-to-date when a new release arrives.

I had similar problems (not exactly the same cases) when learning
through the tutorials using LLVM-2.3.

My best suggestion is to read through part of the source code and figure
out why it is behaving strangely.
And, use Linux (gcc) rather than Windows (visual studio) compilers for
the learning purpose.

In the end, I think the tutorials are still pretty good, though some
minus updates are always needed.

Chuck