[LLVMdev] Multiple directories in a single library

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Mon Dec 1 03:37:10 PST 2008

Hello, Matthijs

> There is some code in llvm-config which fixes the library problem for the
> TargetNameAsmPrinter library, but that isn't really the clean way IMHO. Is
> this also meant for cleanup, or is there another reason why the AsmPrinter
> should be in a seperate library?
The main reason of such split was codesize concerns for JIT users:
they don't need asmprinting at all. The ugly include paths hacks were
due to current lack of possibility to "export private headers".

> Anyway, I thought it would be good if one could simply compile .cpp files in
> subdirectories as if they are in the current directory, without a makefile in
> the subdirectory. These cpp files would end up in the library as defined by
> the parent directory's Makefile.
Then, this again "merges" asmprinters into whole target library, right?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov